The City That Never Sleeps
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024. Do not put too much content under each header or else some of the content could not be seen.




posted : Monday, July 02, 2012
title :
June has been one hell of a month. Just 10 days after work ended, it was time to fly to Europe already. Not to mention catching up with friends, buying presents for people's birthdays and tutoring in between. Aaaaand going for a camp right after coming back, totally jetlagged.

Europe was awesome, with fantastic food, good hotels and amazing scenery. I want to go back rahhhhh. Okay so here goes(hover over the pictures to see the actual colours!) :




IMG_0197

IMG_0198

IMG_0199

IMG_0261

IMG_0305
Seriously, where in Singapore can you find people chilling right in the middle of a city square? 

Photobucket
I love the colours in this picture! Italy's full of tiny but cute 2-seater cars like this. I WANT ONE. 

Photobucket
Right before entering the basilica in Vatican City. I wished we had more time to roam around Vatican City though!

IMG_0424
The Colosseum from inside, which is much more damaged than I imagined.

IMG_0458
Pisa!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Scenery right outside the hotel in Switz, where the grass is greener, skies are bluer and air is fresher. Plus the lakes were so clear that they were BLUE. Not to even mention the snow-capped mountains.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Cattle grazing right in the middle of the mountains. Okay it was cool to get close to the cows and walk right beside them butttt honestly they are super scary IRL cos they were humongous! Plus they are all so strong.

Photobucket

IMG_0751

IMG_0809

Photobucket

Photobucket

IMG_0882
I loved some of the hotels this time! It doesn't seem like much here, but the room was huge. Behind, it had a dressing table, a mini-kitchen and a spacious bathroom with a humongous bathtub that could accommodate more than 2 people. Plus the view from the room was breathtaking:  

IMG_0960
THIS. is the freaking amazing view from the hotel room. *hyperventilates*

IMG_1029

Photobucket

Photobucket
Look at all the details!

IMG_1052
View of Paris! Can you see where all the monuments are?

IMG_1099

Photobucket
The Arch of Triumph. It's humongous - look at how small people are beside it. 

Photobucket
Eiffel tower. 

Photobucket
Gallerie Lafayette doesn't only have good shopping, but also boasts fantastic architecture with super intricate mosaic designs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

IMG_1338
Louvre Museum. 

Photobucket

IMG_0188
I love the hotelsssss. Look at how big the room is, since there is already this walkway before you really enter the room.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Okay rooftop houses are pretty to look at, but stuffy to stay in.

IMG_1395
What I like about Europe how it's always teeming with life. It's always fun to walk down the streets cos there's something to look out for - be it artists or musicians.

Photobucket
Montmarte. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
THE FOOD WAS LOVELY. Breakfast everyday was a buffet spread with sausages, scrambled egg(!!) etc. This dish here (for lunch actually) looks normal but it's actually french fries fried to perfection heaped with tons of mozzarella goodness. YUM. 

Photobucket
Not your normal pizza! Generous helpings of cheese with the crispiest crust MMMM. 

IMG_0272
Even the gelato's different - the texture is much softer and each mouthful promises a refreshing burst of flavours. THE LOVEEEEEEEE.

IMG_0709
TO-DIE-FOR CHEESE FONDUE ZOMG. 

IMG_1348
MACAROONS!!!! Nicer AND cheaper, how great is that? 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ending of this Europe post with a deliriously-happy picture of me! 


July would be quieter I hope! Before uni starts in Aug! I shall post more pictures soon, since it's been crazily long since I updated anything much. I hope July would be fun, zoo trip, the clarke quay thingy, marina bay gardens, and so many moreeee.