The City That Never Sleeps
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024. Do not put too much content under each header or else some of the content could not be seen.




posted : Tuesday, December 28, 2010
title :
With the year coming to an end, I guess it's time to reflect upon this year (:
I remember the post on 2009, and looking back, it was indeed an eventful year. So many activities for choir, piano exam and schoolwork, plus SVA trip, it was one of the most memorable year for me.

2010 has been a year of changes for me. Stepping out of performing arts after 8 years, changing schools, different classmates, stopping piano lessons... I was emotionally exhausted pretty much.

HC is way different from NY, imo. It took a lot of getting used to, but I'm glad I didn't lose myself amidst all the drama.

Mmm, I barely knew anyone in class at the start of the year. The familiar names were mostly aquaintances ): But I'm glad I gained friends that made HC life wayyy less torturous :D I know I'm really blessed to gain these friends cos I didn't expect I would have gotten close to anyone this year.

Not joining back choir was also another really hard choice. I miss the music so, so much and watching Harmoc concert that day brought back lots of memories of Limelight'09. Sometimes I wonder how singing in a SATB choir feels like. But I've learnt so much from joining Interact, so it was a good experience too (:

Mmm, visited _ and _ twice last week, and I definitely can relate to them to a certain extent.... It's really frustrating to yield nothing after many tries, and the worse thing is the uncertainties involved. Sure, we can reflect to improve, but when things still fail, it's just really disheartening sometimes. They've sacrificed and put in much more hard work than I did, and it's saddening when you see that it has taken such a toll on them. It's even strange to see your closest friend say she's going to give up in a resigned tone, when you've seen her attempt impossible things with dogged determination. & what I've learnt this year is to accept failures. So if we still get nothing at the end of the day, I guess there isn't much we can do.

Lastly, I'm really, really grateful to still keep in contact with old friends. Our clashing schedules may allow us to see each other for only a few times this year, but some things just remain the same. We may go on for months without talking, yet it seems like no time has passed between us when we meet up. Talking about everything and anything under the sun, and all the HTHTs... I hope we'll still be as close in years to come (: