These few days have been semi-productive. I've been slacking and using the com a lot. I packed my stuff though! :D Yay there's now space for JC stuff :D I also finished my puzzle! :D
U.S. was really fun! Having said that, I'm glad to be back in Singapore though (:
LOL it took me a thousand years to download photos from others cos... some people uploaded 400 or even more. *stares at moon* Some photos in this post are koped from other people, including Noon, Shu Ren, Li Ting, Jeraldine, Jenny and Mr Chiu (from the picasa album).
It's the day of departure! I woke up at 5a.m. so that I could reach the airport on time @ 6.30a.m. Bleh I've never woken up so early before X:

WOO! Do you spot our flight to San Francisco?
After checking in, we stoned at the airport for nearly 1.5 hours O.O I love Terminal 3 cos it's so pretty! :D

The flower thingy closed up (as compared to the previous pic). That's our group pic before leaving Singapore (: LOL notice everyone's smiles were so 僵硬. That's cos we had 9128771248 test shots before capturing the actual shot O.O


Bye bye Singapore!
Hmm... are we going to S. Korea?

We're at Incheon International Airport!!! Hello S. Korea! :D Wait. Does that mean we're going to S. Korea instead?

Nah! We're just transiting here.

Incheon International Airport trumps Changi airport as the best airport in the world. Even the
toilets are special. They're really high-tech and there's a whole panel showing a variety of functions of the toilet bowl O.O

Kim Bum (in geeky specs) for jojo! :D

Hahaha I think their planes are really cute.

The sky's getting dark...
And we depart S. Korea! Here's the pretty night view of Seoul.
The plane even offers water from JEJU ISLAND O.O
After a 10+ hour flight, we're finally reaching San Francisco! :D Good morning San Fran. (:
We're in San Francisco after a longggg journey! We were all tired out 'cos our flight was 18 hours in total D:
While it's at night in Singapore (1.30a.m.), it's only 9.30a.m. here 'cos there's a time difference of 16 hours T.T Haha thank goodness the long flight screwed up my biological clock so I didn't have jetlag (x

The streets are parallel / perpendicular to each other. That's how good San Fran's city planning is. San Fran's hilly though, so most streets are sloped at an angle. Wonder how they actually manage to park here (not to even mention parallel parking!)
Where's this place?

Yes it's none other than the famous Golden Gate Bridge. It wasn't part of our original itenary but how could we miss this when we're in S.F.? So we skipped lunch for this x)

He's the Chief Engineer of the bridge (:


Ugh this shot is overexposed. Bleh even Mr Chiu's DSLR couldn't save this shot X:

The area around the bridge is filled with rich folks. Many of them own private yatches! :O
Next, we head to University of California, Berkeley :D
ALL the guides from the university tours say this:
"I'll be walking backwards 95% of the time, so tell me if I'm walking into something."
Weird, but true.

The library at UC Berkeley is the 4th largest academic library in the U.S.. A huge part of it is actually underground.

If I'm not wrong, the green stuff on the roof are solar panels...

Beneath those green fields lie part of the University Library. That's how large it actually is. Sadly, we didn't enter the library.

A Tan Kah Kee hall in UC Berkeley! :D Apparently, the tour guide doesn't know why the hall is named after him either -.-

Business School. Only the 3rd and 4th year students study here (I think).

That's probably the ugliest building in UC Berkeley, but that's the building for Architecture (x Haha they built it like that intentionally.
There're huge green fields in UC Berkeley. It's a student tradition to roll down the hills cos that's supposed to help you earn a 4.0 gpa LOLLLL.

The clock tower. We couldn't go up there cos it was under construction.

Guess what's this for? :D

It's for the upcoming Big Game! There was a huge football match between UC Berkeley and Stanford that Saturday and the students were all revved up for the Big Game x) The banners are in blue and gold cos those are the school colours of UC Berkeley. Oski the bear (as shown in the banners) is the school's mascot.

The Big Game's really important and school spirit's a huge thing in the U.S.. The annual bonfire is held the night before the Big Game, when they burn Stanford's school flag LOL. I wonder how they even manage to get their hands on Stanford's school flag (x There's lotsa rivalry between Stanford and UC Berkeley actually.

There are tons of bear figurines placed in the school compound. The little figurine at the side of the banner is known as the smallest bear in UC Berkeley.

Here's the Sproul Plaza, where students hang out after school. There're all kinds of activities going on in the plaza, even student protests! Recent protests include the war between Israel and Palestine, and also the hike in school fees.

Singaporeans currently studying in UC Berkeley came over and we had group discussions with them.

A group shot outside the plaza.

Chinese dinner on the first day (: We were famished 'cos we skipped lunch.
We went to a supermarket to buy water (: They sell almost everything you can think of O.O


The ice cream there's reallyyyyy cheap but we can't possibly eat ice cream in the cold winter right? X:
We reached the hotel slightly after 8p.m. but due to certain issues, we only reached out rooms at 9p.m. D: Our room didn't know how to turn on the hot water so all of us bathed in the freezing cold water when it was not even 10degC outside T.T But we weren't the only ones! x) Mr. Chiu asked us how to switch on the heater AND the hot water when he called hahahahah.
Day 1 was fun but tiring, partly bcos of the long flight, but also cos we survived on 2-3 hours of sleep for 30+ hours X:
Bleh I'm posting in the wee hours of the morning, but that's bcos I slept for almost the whole day today. I've been sleeping @ 11+ or 12+ since I came back from U.S., instead of 3+ a.m. or something :D I'll try to post U.S. day 2 asap (prolly next week). I've not finished downloading pics from Noon (the THIRD album, walao) , Jenny and Chun Nan though D:
I know China blocks blogger but do they block facebook too? D:
Boo I'll prolly rot at home next week too T.T Does anyone want to go out?