The City That Never Sleeps
Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024. Do not put too much content under each header or else some of the content could not be seen.




posted : Saturday, March 08, 2008
title :
"To serve, to strive and not to yield"
YO people, I survived OBS! :D
It was uber funnnn! :D
♥MARSHI!

1st day


Met up, did 2 cheers.
WOW Wenqi can really shout! :D COUNCILLOR LEH. dun playplay! :D
Then got into our indiv grps. There's like 15 ppl in Marshall.
Got introduced to Munshi! :D
The instructors combined Marshall & Munshi.
Marshall + Munshi = Marshi
There's 29 ppl in Marshi! :D
Went kayaking in the afternoon.
Meiqi, Sylvia and I didn't know how to kayak T.T
Then we couldn't steer properly and the boat kept moving in the "wrong" direction!!! xD
So we were like "AAHHHH......" *bang* (into another boat)

2nd day


Marshi was late for 1++ hour and the instructors were really mad at us D:
Finished packing at 10a.m. T.T when we were supposed to meet like an 1+ hr ago
And off we go to camp 3!
Halfway thru, we were given a task.
To navigate through the forest and find 4 checkpoints with maps and compasses....
ON OUR OWN! T.T
I was like "????????? DAMN!"
Cos in SG I always rely on my parents/ friends to navigate D:
I remember a quote from this checkpoint "We are like tea bags, we don't know how strong we are until we are in hot water."
and also...
"When the willingness is great, the difficulty cannot be great."
SUPER MEANINGFUL! :D
Hmm Munshi got lost, and we waited them for 1 hr D:
Poor Munshi had to walk afew extra kilometers!!! D:
We played games while waiting for them.
HAHAHAHAH NADIAH LOST 2 TIMES, so we started drawing all the random and weird stuff on her face (like drool and mucus) using her markers HEHHH :D o.o They drew Mr Pringles for me, Nazi stuff for Huili, random panda eyes for goofy. Can't rmb the others.
And a hole in ______... HMMMM
Then we had to built a raft using some poles and rope.
Both teams' raft failed T.T
BUT we still went into the quarry! :D
OMG DAMN 舒服 ok! :D
Too bad we couldn't bring in shampoo and stuff to bathe xDD
Reached campsite at 7.
Cooked and pitched tents in the DARK! ):
So went to slp at 10.30 and woke up at 12 for sentry duty.
MALAY TECHNO MUSIC manxz.
The person kept singing "aahh ahh ahh ahh aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh~~"
THE WHOLE NIGHT! D:
That night was horrible. I slpt at 10+, woke up at 12 for sentry duty, slpt at 1, woke up at 3, woke up at 5 T.T


Day 3
Was late by 1/2 hr T.T
ROW BOATING! :D :D
Dint row much, but now I know how to steer a rowboat OKAIIE!!! :D
And we were EFFICIENT! :D
We reached camp 1 at like, latest 11.30a.m.?
NYAHAHAHAH Marshi is efficient okaiiiiie! :D
We also played this Dodo game.
Then it started raining like !)*#!)@*#
So we played some simple indoor games.
I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF OK :D
I dint lose my concentration even though we had to throw small plastic balls the same way for 30 min )x TELL ME IM PATIENT! :D
Went to camp 2! WOO~ we were totally dry okkkk! Suisen (sp?) was there too :D
And then while everybody was dinnering, someone started dancing cos it was her bdae!
OMG SUPER COOL OK.

Day 4
Morning exercise
Quote someone (cant rmb) "It is amusing to see 2 guys jumping around and playing scissors, paper, stone"
The forfeit?
DODO DANCE.
Trekked back in the morning.
ROCKCLIMBING.
I suck at it, totally T.T
But luckily for the belayer, rope manager, supporter etc. manxz. Otherwise I would be dead alr D:
At night went to the tunnel thing.
WALAO EH. Not scary at all D:
The first few ppl are poor poor things, they had to go in by themselves ): So I think it was damn scary for them ):
Hmm Andy said something like "It is not that courageous people do not fear, but they control their fear"
CELEBRATION DINNER! :D
HEHEHEHE Nadiah and Andy cooked us rice :D
ANNNNND...
APPLE CRUMBLE! :D
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~
Yanquan's grp cooked delish instant mee (OMG)
And hahahahah goofy's grp's consti-free sandwich and yummy soup!
ETC. ETC.
CONSTI-FREE works almost instantaneously! xDDD

Day 5
Morning exercise.
LOL egg, chicken, eagle, superman, immortal. O.O
& secret agent from YOG commitee O.O
DAMN toot lar! xDD
FORFEIT? DODO DANCEEEE! (Yes, again! O.O)
What did I do in my past life to have so much dodo-ness for 3 days? D:
LUNCH at canteen, yeshyesh it was delicious! :D
said byebye to OBS
HMM, I still kinda miss OBS.
All the cooking, laughing crazily at consti-free and the 冷笑话s, trekking with our heavy backpacks, laughing at the malay techno music, peeing by the sea/roadside, pitching tents, jumping into the quarry, discovering wild roosters on the top of some hill while row-boating, bumping into other kayaks and row-boats, sharing our journals with Marshi, cheering like nobody's business.

There's so many people to thank, and so many people to apologise to D:
But hmm, Marshi and the instructors just made everything special ♥
OBS IS FUN WOO~~~~~~~~~~~